Need to export all the test steps of the test case in one excel row

Jun 23, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Hi Deepak, Thanks for this new exporter tool. It worked just fine for me. I always had the problem with all other exporters before- they exported html code in the excel and sometimes mix up the action and expected results. For the first time with this tool I got all the steps correct and well formatted.
Is it possible for you to either add an option in this existing tool or create a develop a new one to export the entire test case in a single excel row? The purpose of this is for planning for a new release usually we export the old test cases from the MTM to excel using the exporter and use them as a base version for updating with the new steps. Then using the test case importer we import these test cases for a new release. Importer needs all the test steps in a single row separated by a newline '\n' character. It would be of great help to us if you can provide the exported report in this format.
Jul 5, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Edited Jul 5, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Hello Shweta,

Have your tried using Test case migrator plus (https://tcmimport.codeplex.com/) for importing test cases into MTM from excel. If you use this tool, I think you shouldn't face any issue if you try to import exactly in the same format as generated by the export tool.
Jul 9, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Thanks Deepak. I tried the same importer. Now the new issue is apparently it is not compatible with Windows 8.1 or Office 2013. I will definitely give it another try as you suggested.

Regards,

Shweta